Saturday, May 23, 2009

Amish Baskets

Of course, I have been working on the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

But the quilt on the "frame" is the Amish Baskets Quilt. The center medallion is handquilted and three blocks to the left bottom of the medallion; which has the feathers and the feathered heart. I also have 3 basket squares handquilted. This morning I am working on the bottom right feathers and feathered heart.

Last night and early this morning I finished putting on the 9" yellow border on the butterfly quilt. Using my old treadle (that I got for free!) This is the one that was given to me that had the actual old fabric of the 1930's! The border, really made it "pop". It is long enough to tuck under pillows and the width is about 79"/80". I laid it out on my daughter's queen-sized bed and thought; "wow"!!! Beautiful! Now is when I wished I had another frame set up so I could quilt on two quilts at the same time. I have an oval hoop, but I like a big frame as I make sure all is nice and smooth.

I decided to "make" time to quilt as I have peace and harmony during the quilting process!!!!

Deb
aka
the Quilt Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment