Friday, March 27, 2009

Butterflies In My Garden




The wide border done in winding vines and leaves with flowers is my own design. I used these same sort of bright colors on my daughters Butterfly quilt. I liked the way they nearly flew right off the quilt, that I redesigned this quilt in a Queen sized version with a nice "tuck under the pillow" length!

This is appliqued by hand and the top will be all hand quilted!

Let's face it; I have done 3 butterfly quilts and I like the results! Not only that, but, they are a great project to take anywhere to work on.

I found a pattern I have my eye on with a basket full of pansies and a butterfly hovering over them. This IS an antique pattern; old. I even found an antique quilt on line that someone was trying to sell with this exact pattern.

Haven't been quilting lately. Today I started sewing on my daughter's wedding dress, it is done except for the straps and any lace she wants on it. Not bad for a grandma...

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment