Thursday, March 12, 2009

Plaid Stars Quilt


I got this pattern from a Fons and Porter quilting magazine; one of the earlier issues. I bought the kit at a quilt shop in Metamora, IL. They were nice enough to let me look at their fabric choices in the kit and switch the outer border for the one here in the picture!


The challenge for this quilt rested in the fact that, now I had all this fabric, how do I deside which ones would be sewn next to each other? So it was a must to cut the small squares and lay them out in the patchwork. It took some deal of time to make the quilt; I would start it with a passion and then run into a dilemma and put it down for days, even months. Then picking it up where I left off. I wondered from time to time while making the quilt, as I have done with a few others I have made. "Will this quilt turn out the way I had envisioned?"


Funny was the fact that when it was finished, I hung it up in my livingroom on the wall behind the treadle. I would stand there and look at it, with a frown on my face; something was wrong. Then it dawned on me that some of the squares were in the wrong place, duh. So once, I found what needed to be corrected, I had to go back to the "bag", pull out the leftover fabrics, and cut pieces out...I just removed the ones that were in the wrong place and sewed things in there rightful places. Guess I should make myself one of those boards so I don't repeat this again.

Deb

The Quilt Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment