Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kansas Dugout Vintage Quilt


This was done as a special order. A friend of my Father-in-laws'. She received this quilt top, minus the pink border, from someone she knew. It is old and was done by someone's grandmother. She wanted it bigger and wanted a pink wide border around it. So I was not the one who originally pieced this quilt top.


When I am doing a quilt top started by another, my mind happily wanders; wondering what the lady was like and why she was making this quilt...ahhh...Looks like she had no rhyme or reasoning when putting this top together, other than she seemed to consistantly put solid pink or solid yellow in the middles. Oh... other than the stray navy ones...okay, I need to face it, she didn't do anything consistantly! Wasn't one of my favorite quilts to make. But, oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...


Next:
Three items that will be going on Etsy.
30'sDresden Plate
Yo-Yo Garden Cottage
Amish Baskets
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment