Monday, February 2, 2009

Dresden Plate in 1930's Reproduction Fabrics

I started this quilt on January 5, 2009. Using 1930 reproduction fabrics I have collected over the past few years. It took about 8 hours to cut out most of the pieces. So far, I have put in about67 1/2 hours of sewing the pieces by machine and handquilting what needed to be appliqued; leaves, posies, the plate and the center round yellow piece of the plate.

Since then, I have spent around 21+ hours handquilting the top. She is on an old antique quilting frame. I bought off a lady in town for $10. Wonderful old thing...

I decided on 3 blocks by 4 blocks (12 total blocks). But, when I make another; it will be 4 blocks by 5 blocks (15 total blocks).

I am waiting to borrow a digital camera from my daughter, otherwise the next best thing I could do is use the scanner to get close-ups of the quilt.

This isn't my first quilt. Some of the quilts I have done are on my web site at: http://timelesscountryquilts.tripod.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment