Thursday, February 12, 2009

Research on Reproduction Quilts

Early this morning, I was reading my devotions where they were talking about Abe Lincoln. Hello...I was intrigued as good ole Abe lived here a while in this state! Found out Lincoln was born 200 years ago! Okay, now I have to design a quilt...

My interests also go back to the civil war quilts, pioneer quilts, Baltimore Album quilts and 1930's reproduction quilts, okay, I like most reproduction quilts. I discovered that some museums are being more than kind enough to have some people come in and reproduce patterns for us to purchase!!! Okay, I am more than ecstatic!!!

To me there is nothing more peaceful than recreating a quilt from start to finish just like that person did years ago. What were they thinking when they were making it? What were their lives like? These women, and yes some men were artists! But they may not have thought as themselves that way.

There are many who are making the Jane Sickle quilt. And there are so many more patterns available as well as museums who are displaying these wonderful work of art quilts!

My middle daughter; Amber hopes she can make it over tomorrow to take pictures of the quilts I don't have on my web site; yes, including the Dresden plate who is 3/4 finished now! When the quilt is finished, she will go up for sale at Etsy on the site there. Okay, this will be sad to sell it...but I can't keep them all!

After I finish the all 6 of those quilts, I will be working on reproduction quilts.

Civil War, Baltimore Album, Mariner's compass, Whole cloth, and early 1930's quilt patterns.

I spent about 8 1/2 hrs quilting today! And I don't think I am done...

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment