Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stepping Stones


Not much of a story behind this quilt. I saw it in a book and was hit with a "wow" because it really stood out! Jewel-toned fabrics with unbleached muslin background. I didn't really like the one of the borders used in the quilt and made changes.

I have been steadily working on the Dresden Plate quilt and now have one end of the borders to finish. But because it is cold, I have to relocate where I am working on the quilts; the kitchen. I am sipping tea and working ona beutiful Grandmother's Garden Quilt; the hexagons. this quilt is totally done by hand using paperpiecing, which so far I have found, is the best way to hand piece this quilt. For every "flower I do it takes about 4 1/2 hours to sew together!

Deb

From blustery IL!

No comments:

Post a Comment